Future Scope of Electronic & Communication Engineers in India
Future Scope of Electronic & Communication Engineers in India – The scope of electronics is increasing day by day in India…
India is a developing country so the electronics is play a vital role in country growth…
Under the aegis of startup India…most of the startups are opened in the field of electronics and it will take around 2-3 years to develop these startups..so all the startup will grow fast around 2020..
what is electronic and communication engineering
Electronics engineering, or electronic engineering, is an engineering discipline which utilizes non-linear and active electrical components (such assemiconductor devices, especially transistors, diodes and integrated circuits) to design electronic circuits, devices, Microprocessors/Microcontrollers andsystems including VHDL Modelling for Programmable logic devices and FPGAs. The discipline typically also designs passive electrical components, usually based on printed circuit boards.
The term “electronic engineering” denotes a broad engineering field that covers subfields such as analog electronics, digital electronics, consumer electronics, embedded systems and power electronics. Electronics engineering deals with implementation of applications, principles and algorithms developed within many related fields, for example solid-state physics, radio engineering, telecommunications, control systems, signal processing, systems engineering, computer engineering, instrumentation engineering, electric power control, robotics, and many others.
The field of electrical engineering is very broad. It encompasses
- computer engineering
- circuit design both analog and digital
- RF engineering
- opto-electronics and fiber optics
- Power systems, power generation, power distribution
- Motors and systems
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Signal Processing and Communication
- Within all the the sub fields above jobs exist in
- research, design and development
- distribution, applications, sales
- Service and repair
- Testing and forensics
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is one of the most important and influential organizations for electronics engineers.
Electronic communications engineering is the utilization of science and math applied to practical problems in the field of communications. Electronic communications engineers engage in research, design, development and testing of the electronic equipment used in various communications systems.
ECE will rise when services industry slows down and manufacturing industry picks up in India. Such kind of change cannot happen in just 4 years.
Another problem with ECE is, the syllabus is usually too outdated or too restrictive to be of much use in current industry.
Time passes by…. Its 2016 now. (I am going to elaborate in case some students see this thread and want to decide on their future)
ECE has picked up in recent time, not because of choice of students, but because of some govt policies and promises that there will be huge funding in startups. I was expecting this even while writing my answer in 2014.
However ece is still lagging and cse is still ahead.
- One reason is its easy to innovate in computer programming. Every individual with a computer is more empowered to monitize his innovation. But innovation on ECE side seems to be slow, a cycle from prototype to product requires lot of time and money.
- Electronics requires more labour force, even if there is a boom in electronics, expect to see only a small increase in ECE demands. Although electronics scientists are expected to be paid way more than software engineer.
- Another reason is one innovation in ECE fuels more innovation in computer sc. For eg. 1 novel innovation ie. bluetooth enabled bulb can have 20 different ways to monitize. Google nest IoT devices are encouraging 1000s of software developers to write apps for.
- Another reason is consumer perspective. We are more inclined to try out new softwares or services even from little known source mobile app wallets,. But when it comes to buying hardware we tend to buy only known brands. (This will change by 2020 we will be open to new cheap hardware).
Electronics industry might see a boom by 2020, demand of ECE students are increasing. Demand for high quality ECE scientists will increase several folds. Demand for CSE will still be ahead of ECE but salary on average will decline.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of ECE?
- Electronics industry is on a boom
- On campus jobs in mostly all colleges
- You would have idea of both hardware and software part(basics)
- Electronics is used in almost all industries
- Technically you have many options which field to take weather in electronics or communication & there are branches in these 2 also. You can also go for software
- Tough when compared to IT and CS branch
- We still study years old concepts,some of which have exhausted, some are used rarely.
- You have so many options which field to take weather in electronics or communication & there are branches in these 2 also you get confused & realize that those options are not much available in India & ultimately u have to go for software (available in plenty).
Electronics and communication engineering salary in india
An Electronics Engineer earns an average salary of Rs 305,680 per year.
Electronics and Communication Engineering graduates will have good scope even beyond 2020(personal opinion). Some of the factors favouring ECE scenario:
- Growing convergence between hardware and software – this is something that electronics engineers have an edge in when compared to Computer grads.
- Growing product companies in India. Once we have product companies emerging, electronic engineers are in demand – be it design or comprehensive testing.
- Open source : One of the best things thats happening, undercurrent is open source community. When you have a great community to learn from and participate in, learning becomes enjoyable and fast on internet. You don’t have to go to an top rated university to learn building a prototype of your product.
- With increasing open sourcing and learning community online, learning costs reduce, which is an important factor for students in India. And hands on experience, on whatever little product you are developing is very important in progressing in engineering.
Career Options of Electronic & Communication Engineering
Multiple career paths are available within the realm of electronic communications engineering. Visit these links to get job descriptions and employment prospects for some of them.
- Communications Engineer
- Electronic Engineer
- Electronic Communications Technician
ECE Impact on Humans and Society: Electrical and Computer Engineering at OSU has faculty and students working in the following areas, each of which has a significant impact on humans and society:
- Analog and Radio Frequency Electronic Circuits: Without these, there’d be no cell phones, no wifi, not even television.
- Communication and Signal Processing: is concerned with the transmission, storage, and analysis of information signals. While traditionally electrical engineers worked on communicating and analyzing speech, audio, image, and video signals, nowadays they work on a much wider variety of problems, such as recovering and analyzing physiological and genomic signals, ecological and environmental signals, consumer preference data, financial time series, and many others.
- Computer and Digital Systems: Humankind is advancing faster technologically than ever before with the help of computers. These digital systems are everywhere, from your dishwasher and wristwatch to the Mars rovers, and everything in between.
- Networking: The internet is having a profound impact on society, bringing people across the world together to work collaboratively from different countries. It also spreads and promotes democracy.
- Computer Vision and Image Processing: These technologies make it possible for computers to analyze data from magneto-resonance imaging and other medical imaging devices to not only display images but identify diseases. Computer vision experts teach computers how to recognize faces, while image processing people can de-blur images, extract features, and even make art.
- Control Systems, Robotics, and Intelligent Transportation:Automation to reduce human toil in the workplace; enhance safety in manufacturing systems, automobiles (via anti-skid braking systems or self-driving vehicles), and aircraft (e.g., via auto-pilots); biomedical applications including automatic drug delivery (e.g., insulin control for diabetics), controlled prostheses, and robotic surgery; pollution reduction in automobiles and aircraft.
- Electromagnetics, Remote Sensing, and Microwaves:Communication via radiowaves is essential for mobile devices, radios, and the internet. Radio- and microwaves can also be used for sensing, for example in air traffic control radar. The ability of microwaves to see through clouds and rain also makes them very useful for measuring Earth’s climate and the influence of global change.
- Optics and Photonics: Using light to solve engineering problems runs the gamut from fiber optics to lasers for eye surgery. Photonics also includes the field of display technology from LEDs to liquid crystals to holograms. A thorough understanding of the interaction of light with matter even helps animators create more convincing and realistic–looking movies. Optics are widely applicable in many fields, including all types of engineering, as well as medicine, architecture (lighting), entertainment, and many others.
- Nanotechnology and Electronic Materials: These folks develop more efficient solar cells, faster transistors to run your computers, chips that can help you track your pets, and microscopic sensors for everything from air pollution to blood proteins to analyzing minerals on Mars.
- Sustainable Energy and Power Systems: Humankind is hugely dependent on energy, but burning materials to make electricity is damaging our environment. Electrical engineers are working to create better solar cells and windmills, to harvest energy from tides and many other non-polluting sources. The smart grid is another engineering approach to more efficient energy use, to save the planet.
Contact us for more details or call us – 9878375376